I have found myself answering a lot of questions about AWS lately. So, I’ve decided that I should share some of my knowledge. I hope this helps readers get started with AWS more quickly.
If you are reading this, I presume that you want to set up net-new billing with AWS. If you would like to use existing billing that your company has set up, you will need to request a login and access URI from your company administrator. If you are the company administrator, instructions for this are in my guide “AWS – Identity and Access Management”
Access the AWS Console
The first thing you will need to do is access the AWS Console.
- Head over to https://aws.amazon.com
- Click Sign In to the Console.
Create an AWS Account
- On the Sign In screen, enter your E-mail or mobile number. This will be the primary login for the new AWS account. Click the I am a new user radio button and click Sign in using our secure server.
- On the Login Credentials screen, enter your name, email address and password. Then click Create account.
- Fill out your Contact Information, and click Create Account and Continue. It is your responsibility to understand the AWS Customer Agreement, AWS Free Tier Details, AWS billing policy, and all other policies and agreements.
- Fill out the Payment Information screen and click Continue.
- Complete the Identity Verification process. Then click Continue to select your Support Plan.
- Select a Support Plan (Basic, Developer, Business or Enterprise) and click Continue.
- After you get a confirmation email, click Sign In to the Console on the Registration Confirmation page.
- On the Sign In screen, enter your E-mail or mobile number, and password. Then click Sign in using our secure server.
- When your login completes, you should see the AWS Console.
Congratulations! You are now ready to begin using Amazon Web Services. There are some good resources available to new AWS users on the main AWS page. I especially recommend the following resources:
Continue to the next lab guide: AWS – Create an Amazon EC2 Linux Instance